Sprint just launched a great promotion rewarding both new and existing customers with free American Airlines miles.
Earn 25,000 AA miles with a new Sprint account
For a limited time, you can activate a new Sprint account and earn 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles. Head over to the Sprint American Airlines promo site to get started.
You don’t have to get started right away; you have 90 days from entering the promotion to activate a new line.
Once you have a new line, you’ll get the initial 25,000 free AAdvantage® and then each month after, Sprint will deposit ~417 miles in your American Airlines account for a total of 5,000 miles each year.
Terms for the 25,000 AAdvantage® miles offer:
- New Sprint account must register within 30 days of new-line activation.
- Adding or transferring a new line of service to an existing Sprint account does not make the account eligible for 25,000 miles award. Existing Sprint accounts are only eligible for the Loyalty miles offer.
- 25,000 miles are deposited in one award.
- Only one 25,000 miles award per AAdvantage® member.
- Only one 25,000 miles award per new Sprint account.
- New Sprint accounts qualifying for 25,000 miles offer can also earn monthly Loyalty miles as long as they participate in the offer and remain active and in good standing.
Get 5,000 AAdvantage® miles for free with Sprint
Once you have a line with Sprint, you’ll get 5,000 AAdvantage® miles for American Airlines free each year.
Register for your free AA miles here by entering your AAdvantage® member number. Sprint says it can take 4-6 weeks to process your registration, but I had my miles deposited in my American Airlines account in about 2 weeks. I signed up in early October and had 417 miles deposited not too long after. Sprint will deposit this amount in your account every month that you have an active line with them.
Terms for the 5,000 AAdvantage® miles offer:
- If an existing Sprint customer chooses to participate in the offer and they currently participate in the Sprint Works Program, the SWP discount will be removed. (See below)
- Loyalty miles earned are awarded monthly. An award of 417 miles per month can be earned for a total of up to 5,004 miles after 12 months when the account remains active and in good standing.
Heads up: free AA miles not combinable with Sprint Works
The only fine print on this offer is that it is not combinable with their SWP discount and that business accounts are not eligible. What is a SWP discount? It looks like that is the Sprint Works Program which extends savings and special offers to employees, students, universities and organizations who team up with the wireless provider.
Sprint says existing customers who enroll in this program will not be eligible for an SWP discount, and any current discount will no longer apply. Still worth it? We think so.